Early Church History
- Derek Scally€19.50When Dubliner Derek Scally goes to Christmas Eve Mass on a visit home from Berlin, he finds more memories than congregants in the church where he was once an altar boy. Not for the first time, the collapse of the Catholic Church in Ireland brings to mind the fall of another powerful ideology - East German communism.
- Lady Antonia Fraser€12.55The story of Catholic Emancipation begins with the violent Anti-Catholic Gordon Riots in 1780, fuelled by the reduction in Penal Laws against the Roman Catholics harking back to the sixteenth century.
- Edward Musgrave Blaiklock€5.00Dr. Blaiklock's penetrating analysis and exposition of the writings of the Apostle Paul have given him a well-deserved place of prominence among biblical scholars. Book cover slightly shop soiled with faded spine, hence the cheaper price.
- Toby Green€17.99Everybody has heard of the Inquisition. It was an institution that pursued heretics, philandering priests and sexual deviants in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America for a period of over 350 years, changing its focus with the times and enduring stubbornly into the nineteenth century. BOOK OUT OF PRINT - OUR LAST COPY
Irish Anglicanism, 1969-2019 : Essays to mark the 150th anniversary of the Disestablishment of the Church of IrelandEdited by Paul Harron , Kenneth Milne€24.95For three centuries following the Reformation the Church of Ireland was the 'Established Church' (the state Church) of the country.
Households of God : The Regular Canons and Canonesses of St Augustine and Premontre in Medieval IrelandEdited by:Martin Browne, Colman O Clabaigh€50.00This interdisciplinary collection of essays, the proceedings of the 2017 Glenstal History Conference, examines the role of Regular Canons and Canonesses who followed the rule of St Augustine in Ireland from their emergence as an expression of the Vita Apostolica in the Twelfth Century to the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the Tudor period.
- Christopher Fauske€49.99In the years between 1714 and 1724, Jonathan Swift published little. 1st Edition
- Edited by Salvador Ryan , Liam M. Tracey€50.00The Bible is undoubtedly the most influential 'book' that the world has ever known.
Blacklight Blue : A race against time to crack a deadly cold case (Enzo 3)
Special Price €4.99 Regular Price €9.99