When the Body Says No : The Cost of Hidden Stress
Drawing on deep scientific research and Dr Gabor Mate's acclaimed clinical work, When the Body Says No provides the answers to critical questions about the mind-body link - and the role that stress and our emotional makeup play in an array of common diseases.
Can a person literally die of loneliness? Is there a connection between the ability to express emotions and Alzheimer's disease? Is there such a thing as a 'cancer personality'?
When the Body Says No:
- Explores the role of the mind-body link in conditions and diseases such as arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, irritable bowel syndrome and multiple sclerosis.
- Shares dozens of enlightening case studies and stories, including those of people such as Lou Gehrig (ALS), Betty Ford (breast cancer), Ronald Reagan (Alzheimer's), Gilda Radner (ovarian cancer) and Lance Armstrong (testicular cancer)
- Reveals 'The Seven A's of Healing': principles in healing and the prevention of illness from hidden stress
|Author||Dr Gabor Maté|
|Publication date||3 Jan 2019|
- 19%Hold on to Your Kids : Why Parents Need to Matter More Than PeersSpecial Price €12.99 Regular Price €15.99
- 18%In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts : Close Encounters with AddictionSpecial Price €11.50 Regular Price €13.99