Mixing fact and fiction the book provides a lively engaging picture of the daily life and special occurrences which helped shape county Clare and its people:
- An Admiral sails for the navy in Spain,
- A miner from Quin finds fortune and fame,
- A man sells his pony in Tír na nÓg,
- A poetry-smitten widow, an executioner rogue.
- An Iceman in Ennis, West Clare in the dock,
- The nun who hid guns under her frock,
- Ghosts at Hag's Head and witchcraft in Feakle,The O'Briens, MacNamaras - and ordinary people.
If you're searching for Dev, or the Warrior Carty,The scandalous daughter of the Widow Mullarkey,For hurling or racing or after-hours beer,If you're looking for Clare, search no more, its here!
|Publication date||1 Oct 2000|
Write Your Own Review
The Clare Anthology (Hardback)
Special Price €17.99 Regular Price €29.99
This is a selection of prose and verse written by visitors and natives of County Clare.