The extraordinary story of the species that became our allies.
- Dogs became our companions
- Wheat fed a booming population
- Cattle gave us meat and milk
- Maize fuelled the growth of empires
- Potatoes brought us feast and famine
- Chickens led us to wonder about tomorrow
- Rice promised us a golden future
- Horses gave us strength and speed
- Apples travelled with us
HUMANS TAMED THEM ALL. For hundreds of thousands of years, our ancestors depended on wild plants and animals to stay alive - until they began to tame them.
In a world creaking under the strain of human activity, Alice Roberts urges us to look again at our relationship with the natural world - and our huge influence upon it.
'A masterpiece of evocative scientific storytelling.' BRIAN COX
'Will appeal to fans of Yuval Noah Harari's Sapiens'. Mail on Sunday
AN ECONOMIST AND MAIL ON SUNDAY BOOK OF THE YEAR 2017
|Publication date||7 Jun 2018|