Quantum Physics For Dummies
Quantum Physics For Dummies, Revised Edition helps make quantum physics understandable and accessible.
Quantum Physics For Dummies, Revised Edition helps make quantum physics understandable and accessible. From what quantum physics can do for the world to understanding hydrogen atoms, readers will get complete coverage of the subject, along with numerous examples to help them tackle the tough equations.
Compatible with classroom text books and courses, Quantum Physics For Dummies, Revised Edition lets students study at their own paces and helps them prepare for graduate or professional exams.
* The Schrodinger Equation and its Applications
* The Foundations of Quantum Physics
* Vector Notation
* Scattering Theory, Angular Momentum, and more Your plain-English guide to understanding and working with the micro world Quantum physics also called quantum mechanics or quantum field theory can be daunting for even the most dedicated student or enthusiast of science, math, or physics. This friendly, concise guide makes this challenging subject understandable and accessible, from atoms to particles to gases and beyond.
Plus, it's packed with fully explained examples to help you tackle the tricky equations like a pro!
* Compatible with any classroom course study at your own pace and prepare for graduate or professional exams
* Your journey begins here understand what quantum physics is and what kinds of problems it can solve
* Know the basic math from state vectors to quantum matrix manipulations, get the foundation you need to proceed
* Put quantum physics to work make sense of Schrodinger's equation and handle particles bound in square wells and harmonic oscillators
* Solve problems in three dimensions use the full operators to handle wave functions and eigenvectors to find the natural wave functions of a system
* Discover the latest research learn the cutting-edge quantum physics theories that aim to explain the universe itself
|Publication date||18 Jan 2013|