Law for the Layperson: Life, Work & Death
A self-help legal guide answering questions on a wide range of issues. Law for the Layperson: Life, Work & Death is an easy to read, accessible reference book which seeks to inform the reader on a wide variety of legal issues that they may encounter in their day-to-day lives.
When a legal matter arises oftentimes a person is confronted by a bewildering array of legal concepts, procedures or complex jargon and are at a loss to understand what is going on. The purpose of this book is to simplify such complexities and multi-layered rules and provide quick solutions to various queries that may arise.
The approach taken by the author is to provide an everyday query formulated much like a question one might find in a self-help legal column in a newspaper. A detailed answer follows, highlighting the general issues that the reader should be aware of and what steps they might take next. Everyday topics such as buying or selling a house, making a will, probate, family law queries, personal injuries, negligence, employment law, consumer law and defamation are addressed. Law for the Layperson: Life, Work & Death will be an invaluable reference book for all non-lawyers seeking guidance as required on legal issues.
- Chapter 1: Buying or Selling a House and Property
- Chapter 2: Renting and Renters: The Law Involved in Renting a Property
- Chapter 3: Family Law
- Chapter 4: Employment Law
- Chapter 5: Defamation, Bullying and Harassment
- Chapter 6: Farming and Agricultural Law
- Chapter 7: Consumer Rights
- Chapter 8: Personal Injuries, Accidents and Negligence
- Chapter 9: Last Will and Testament, Probate Law, Trusts, Enduring Power of Attorney
|Publication date||31 Jan 2020|