An entirely new section on ‘special topics’ includes an examination of derivatives and a discussion on international financial management.
Categorises and analyses the main sources of finance, with discussions on raising equity and the bond markets
- Examining strategic financial decision-making, with chapters on: investment appraisal, including an intuitive discussion on real options; financial forecasting and planning; and the cost of capital and capital structure
- In the context of recent turmoil in financial markets, a theoretical discussion on money markets and interest rates and the yield curve is provided.
- Each chapter contains the following:
- a set of learning objectives
- a comprehensive executive summary
- newspaper vignettes introducing students to real-life situations
- end of chapter questions (including general reviews and concept questions) and computational and mathematical problems
Accompanied by an expanded lecturers' and students' website containing
- more challenging questions;
- PowerPoint presentation material;
- new multiple choice questions;
- study tips; and
- extensive web links
|Author||Thomas Power, Steven Walsh and Paul O'Meara|
|Publication date||20 Sep 2008|
Write Your Own Review
Financial Management: An Irish Text (3rd Edition)
Suitable for third level and professional accountancy students taking finance as a major subject and for those studying finance as part of a non-finance course. 656 pages.
OTHER PRODUCTS YOU MIGHT LIKE!