General & World History
- Jane Jacobs€24.00In this classic text, Jane Jacobs set out to produce an attack on current city planning and rebuilding and to introduce new principles by which these should be governed. The result is one of the most stimulating books on cities ever written.
- Thomas Oliphant, Curtis WilkieSpecial Price €10.00 Regular Price €19.99A ';provocative reconstruction of John F. Kennedy's ';five-year campaign' for the White House' (The New Yorker), beginning with his bold, failed attempt to win the vice presidential nomination in 1956 and culminating when he plotted his way to the presidency and changed the way we nominate and elect presidents. BOOK HAS AN UNSE
- Julian Sancton€23.99The harrowing, survival story of an early polar expedition that went terribly wrong, with the ship frozen in ice and the crew trapped inside for the entire sunless, Antarctic winter August 1897: The Belgica set sail, eager to become the first scientific expedition to reach the white wilderness of the South Pole.
- Julian Sancton€17.99The harrowing, survival story of an early polar expedition that went terribly wrong, with the ship frozen in ice and the crew trapped inside for the entire sunless, Antarctic winter August 1897: The Belgica set sail, eager to become the first scientific expedition to reach the white wilderness of the South Pole.
- Ronan Lee€23.99The genocide in Myanmar has drawn global attention as Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi appears to be presiding over human rights violations, forced migrations and extra-judicial killings on an enormous scale. Myanmar (Burma), Genocide & ethnic cleansing, Human rights, Political oppression & persecution
- Naomi Wolf€19.99The bestselling author of The Beauty Myth, Vagina and The End of America chronicles the struggles and eventual triumph of John Addington Symonds, a Victorian-era poet, biographer, and critic who penned what became a foundational text on our modern understanding of human sexual orientation and LGBTQ+ legal rights.
The Jakarta Method : Washington's Anticommunist Crusade and the Mass Murder Program that Shaped Our WorldVincent Bevins€26.99In 1965, the U.S. government helped the Indonesian military kill approximately one million innocent civilians. History of the Americas, Post war 20th century history, from c 1945 to c 2000, Political science & theory, Espionage & secret services
- Roland Ennos€23.15Roland Ennos' The Wood Age is a love-letter to the world's most vital and yet most threatened material. It is the story of how wood has shaped our human experience from the earliest foragers to the modern four poster bed.
Blacklight Blue : A race against time to crack a deadly cold case (Enzo 3)
Special Price €4.99 Regular Price €9.99